Featured

[Houdini] by Eminem Song review : Return of Slim Shady

[Houudini] by Eminem

Guess who's back? Back again. Shady's back! Tell a friend.

Hey! Riff here, bringing you the song review of Eminem's new single "Houdini". 
Is it really the return of Slim Shady or just a marketing strategy?
We're gonna find out so without further ado, let's hop in!
Image Source: Spotify

Overview 


Artist: Eminem

Release Date: May 31, 2024

Label: Shady, Aftermath, Interscope

Genre: Hip Hop


Tracklist 
1. Houdini



Overall Impression 

Well, I am happy to say that Shady IS BACK!!!

I'm really impressed by this song. It's literally a mixture of old and new (Slim Shady and current Eminem). I never thought this day would come because Eminem's rap style has really shifted since, what, the Recovery album? 
It's good to see old Em's style with current-level production.

So, let's talk about the song itself. The beat feels a little old. I mean, it's meant to sound like a Slim Shady era song (around the 2000s), so purpose fulfilled, I guess? It surely doesn't sound like current hip-hop music, but I don't mean that in a bad way. On the contrary, I really liked this song! If I didn't know this song was released this year and I heard it on the radio or YouTube, I would think it's an old Em song. It sounds very classic Eminem in a good way. In that sense, the beat is great and addictive to listen to on repeat. The chorus is catchy and easy to sing along with.

Another good thing is that he didn't do the fast rapping. I really enjoy Em's fast verses, but it's impressive only when it's released from time to time. So in that context, the pace of this song is just perfect to groove to. The lyrics are spicy. Some parts are very offensive, so if you easily get offended, you might want to avoid this song.

Nevertheless, this is another banger made by Eminem. I can't wait to listen to his new album (I heard it will release this summer!).

Rating: [9 out of 10]

What did you think of the song? Do you agree with my rating? 
Drop your thoughts in the comments – I’d love to hear your take!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog